NIST Seeking Input on Baldrige Framework
NIST recently put out a call for input on 3 key questions that will help shape the next version of the Baldrige Framework. But HURRY! The deadline to participate is May 23, 2022!
Letter from NIST:
Dear Baldrige Community Member,
Over the years, the Baldrige community has played an integral role in offering input to the Baldrige Program on how to ensure that the Baldrige Excellence Framework and its Criteria continue to represent the leading edge of validated leadership and performance practice. The program’s goal is to maintain the framework as an effective, user-friendly tool that helps organizations achieve sustainable excellence and that identifies national role models.
To make sure that the Criteria always represent that leading edge, we continually gather input from role-model organizations and from studies of those organizations and their CEOs. We also seek input from leading thinkers inside and outside the Baldrige community.
Here’s where we’d appreciate your insights:
- What are the leading-edge, strategic, and competitiveness challenges that you are facing in your organization/industry (or seeing in the organizations with whom you work)?
- What changes have there been to the long-standing drivers of success and sustainability?
- What are your specific, actionable suggestions for improving the Baldrige Framework and its Criteria for Performance Excellence?
To further build this body of knowledge, we invite you to submit your answers to the questions above to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23, 2022.
What will happen to all this input?
- We’ll share the themes for revision, invite responses and reactions, and reconcile conflicting recommendations.
- We'll draft the 2023–2024 Criteria, inviting experts who have been influential in the thought process to contribute to or review the revision.
- The draft Criteria will also be sent to the Baldrige Board of Overseers and Judges Panel (the two advisory bodies to the Baldrige Program)—and to people whose thoughts and comments have resulted in significant revisions to the Criteria—for comments and reactions.
- Using this input, we will produce the final version of the 2023–2024 Criteria for Performance Excellence (Business/Nonprofit Criteria).
- We'll align the Education and Health Care Criteria to the Business/Nonprofit Criteria and send them to a group of experts in each sector for review.
Thank you in advance for your help. We look forward to receiving your suggestions and comments at email@example.com.